In keeping with the guidelines laid out by the Farmers’ Markets Ontario website, the Ottawa Street Farmers’ Market is now implementing the following procedures.
1. Wash hands regularly and thoroughly (minimum 20 seconds) with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
2. Clean and disinfect frequently-touched market stand surfaces regularly (with household cleaners or diluted bleach solution of 1-part bleach to 9 parts water).
3. Maintain social distancing – keep 2 metres (6 feet) away from others.
4. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
5. Cover mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue if coughing or sneezing.
6. Do NOT attend the Market if you aren’t feeling well.
7. Prepackage and box products at a fixed price to reduce contact.
Farmers’ Market Management:
1. We will contact our local public health unit to review this protocol and adapt it as required based on their operation/location.
2. Only food will be offered for sale to comply with Ontario’s Essential Workplace Order.
3. Stands are spaced out and customer circulation is monitored or controlled (perhaps one-way movement) to maintain social distancing and shopper’s time at the market.
4. The FMO COVID-19 Fact/Info Sheet is posted and seen by all vendors and shoppers. (This is distributed to all vendors to post in their stall)
5. The names of all vendors selling are recorded for each market day and the records are maintained.
Washroom(s) and/or hand sanitizer station(s) is/are available for all vendors to wash their hands as required.
6. The washroom is properly stocked and frequently cleaned and disinfected.
7. There is no sampling of food.
8. There is no use of reusable or customer supplied containers.
9. There are no communal tables or seating.
10. Spots may be limited due to spacing concerns
A few other items of note:
If the Market is forced to close. We will issue refunds based on time used.
Washrooms will be sanitized after each use. Washrooms are for vendors ONLY.
We do not supply sanitizer for the market. You are required to bring your own.
If using a payment processing machine, you are required to clean it after each use.
Any further questions or concerns, please feel free to email the office at email@example.com